If you’ve read everything so far, took all your measurements, and you have determined you need a custom bra, I celebrate your decision to treat yourself to hopefully the most comfortable underwire bra you’ve ever worn. If not, let me know. My goal is to make you happy.
Breast Measurement Guide
*Measure wearing your best, non-padded bra. For steps 1-4 and 7, you may need to remove your bra if it gets in the way. Remove your bra for step 10. The measuring tape should begin/end where your breast tissue begins/ends. Refer to the pictures below if you’re wearing a bra when measuring your vertical on horizontal apex. Be sure to account for any breast tissue that may not fit in the cup. If you don’t add that and your cup is already too small, then you’ll just be measuring the bra that doesn’t fit you. Also, be sure the measuring tape does not include the underwire.
Click here to download these instructions.
Watch step by step directions here.
MUST MEASURE ACCURATELY TO ⅛th OF AN INCH.
1(R). Right Breast Vertical Apex (from top of breast mound, over nipple, to the inframammary crease):_______
1(L). Left Breast Vertical Apex (from top of breast mound, over nipple, to the inframammary crease):_______
2(R). Right Breast Horizontal Apex (from side breast, across nipple, to other side):_________
2(L). Left Breast Horizontal Apex (from side breast, across nipple, to other side):________
3. Measure larger breast from nipple vertically down to inframammary crease:_________
4. Gore Width (space between breasts at top):_________
5. Full bust, over nipples and around back, keeping tape horizontal:__________
6. Under bust, at inframammary crease, around back, keeping tape horizontal:__________
7. Side Seam (from center side, aligned with the center under arm pit to side breast at top):_________
8. Back (side seam, across back, to other side seam):__________
9. Front (side seam, across front under bust, to other side seam):__________
10. Breast root trace. Use the flexible ruler to find the curve of your inframammary crease. You will need a partner to form the ruler to your curve. Lift up your breast (use the larger if they are uneven), have your partner form the curve to your crease, and carefully move the ruler to a sheet of paper. Trace the inside curve and indicate the front center of the body and the underarm.
Remember, your bra will only be as good as these measurements, so be accurate and measure at least twice.